Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises May Have a Sidekick Hints Michael Caine!




Michael Caine hints that Batman may have a sidekick

As we well know at this point, The Dark Knight Rises is one of the most guarded sets in history, and all involved with the production have remained tightlipped in regards to the characters and storyline. It has been rumored for a while that Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) might be getting a sidekick this time out, with much speculation pointing towards a female version of Robin.

Michael Caine, who was attending the Cars 2 junket this morning, has added more fuel to the fire. When asked about the progress of shooting The Dark Knight Rises for director Christopher Nolan, the man playing Alfred made a subtle hint that Batman will go away on his adventures with one or more sidekicks, who are all under the care of this iconic butler. Is he referring to Robin? Is he refereeing to Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman; Anne Hathaway)?

That is unknown at this point, but it does sound like Bruce Wayne will have some help in his crime fighting endevors this time out. Here is what Michael Caine told our friends at Collider, with emphasis on 'them' and 'they'.

"I started filming last week and I film next week. As the butler, I do a load of filming at the beginning, and everybody goes off and does all the adventures and they all come home shot to pieces and I patch them together when they all get back. Christopher Nolan, I think, is one of the greatest directors in the world and I've been lucky enough...this is my fifth movie with him. It's such a pleasure to work with him and he's so clever. We've all signed the Official Secrets Act. I'm lucky to be able to tell you the title of the movie. I remember I did an interview and someone said to me, "What are you doing next?" I said, "I'm doing Batman." I saw Chris and he said, "Why did you tell them you were doing Batman?" I said, "Because I am." He said, "You're supposed to keep it secret." I said, "I couldn't keep that a secret." Let me tell you...the plot is extraordinary...really extraordinary. I know why he wants to keep it a secret. You really need not to know till you see the movie."

The Dark Knight Rises comes to theaters July 20th, 2012 and stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.



Be sure and review the most recent old movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment